Sport for Development Officer
Sport for Development Officer
Over the past 18 months have secured significant funding that has allowed us to grow as a charity and develop our Sport and Youth Crime Prevention project. As a growing charity we require a Sport for Development Officer to support the charities growth and development, build capacity, improve and enhance delivery and work towards the sustainability of our key strategic priorities under the theme of Sport for Development. This new role is pivotal to the development of the charity and the person will work alongside Trustees and current staff, to ensuring that strong and mature core functions exist and that ensures the charity is fit for purpose in our governance and management of board operations, finance, legal, and human resources that allows us to further develop as a charity. Key will be ensuring that our key policies and procedures are in place in order to move the charity towards being a robust commissioner of grants, with strong monitoring and evaluation systems. Overseeing the charity business planning and income generation plans will be a key role.
The role will play a key role in capacity building our network of over 200 Locally Trusted Organisations identifying and developing opportunities to deliver on our key strategic priorities, building relationships and support systems for this network.
Another key role will be to lead on the promotion and application of ABCD (Asset Based Community Development), ensuring that the Foundation becomes the lead agency in Essex for ABCD in terms of training, mentoring, networks, and availability of resources.
Experience and education requirements
- Experience or working for a third sector organisation and leading or supporting core functions including governance, business planning, finance, and income generation.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering successful projects with clearly defined outcomes at a County and/or local level with evidence of strong impact.
- Understanding of how to apply resources to gain maximum impact towards strategic goals with demonstrable achievement of results/impact gained by experience in a physical activity and sports development field.
- Understanding of Sport for Development and the role that sport and physical activity has to play in engaging and supporting some of the most disengaged and disadvantaged communities across Essex, including the needs and challenges for disadvantaged and vulnerable young people
- Proven experience of building and sustaining positive relationships with key stakeholders and partners of the Foundation
- Proven experience of working in third sector and using physical activity and sport to effectively build and strengthen communities
- Knowledge and experience of taking an Asset Based Community Development approach
- Experience of effective working within a team environment and liaising with a wide range of local and national contacts/stakeholders; good communication and inter-personal skills with the ability to persuade, negotiate and influence stakeholders using both spoken and written word.
- Good organisational skills with the ability to support multiple projects, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Experience of project management; developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating delivery plans and budgets for programmes with the ability to work under pressure and adopt a flexible approach to working methods.
- Experience of fundraising and reporting to grant giving organisations.
- Experience of working in partnership with and supporting grass roots, third sector and voluntary locally trusted organisations.
Full time – 37.5 hours per week.
This position will be ‘anywhere working’ which includes working from home, working at our offices in Chelmsford, Essex, and working at the offices of our key partners across Essex.
Length of contract: Fixed term contract until March 2025
Salary: £37,500 pa
Applying for the role
The Job Description and Person Specification are included in this information pack.
Please email your CV and covering letter, which should state why you are suitable for this role, to [email protected] using the title ‘Sport for Development Officer’ in the subject line.
If you have any questions relating to this post, please contact Louise Voyce.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 23rd November 2022
Candidates will be notified if they have been successful for interview by Friday 25th November with interviews being held on Wednesday 30th November.
If you know you will be unavailable on the date above, please state this on your application form. It is our aim that the interviews will take place face to face in Chelmsford, however depending on the current Covid-19 situation, interviews may be held online. If for any reason this does not suit or you would need any additional requirements, please also state this on your application form.