What do we do?
The Active Essex Foundation is a registered charity that has been set up to increase the use of physical activity and sport to engage and support the most inactive communities and tackle the inequalities that exist across Essex.
We work in partnership with over 200 locally trusted organisations (LTOs) to achieve our mission.
We use sport and physical activity to:
- Inspire communities to become more active, therefore leading healthier, happier, more positive lives
- Raise aspirations, confidence, skills and knowledge, improving employability and enabling individuals to reach full potential
- Strengthen, unify and improve community cohesion, breaking down barriers and addressing inequalities
- Improve physical and mental health wellbeing
- Impact on the reduction of crime and anti-social behaviour
How we do this?
- We work with our network of over 200 locally trusted organisations to increase opportunities for people to take part in physical activity and sport in their community to achieve positive social and health outcomes
- We develop trusting and long-term strategic partnerships with organisations that align closely to our vision, mission, and strategic priorities.
- We use an asset-based community development approach (ABCD) to build on the energy and skills that exists in local communities
- We grow capacity locally to sustain activities beyond the life of projects
- We collaborate with a wide range of agencies to secure additional resources
- We build and support networks of locally trusted organisations to share knowledge and resources